Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dracula took all my blood!

Hello everybody,

Just thought I'd do a little short post before I go to bed. I went to the doctor today for my pre-op. I found out I won't be going to the hospital for my surgery. Athens Orthopedic has it's own surgery center. I didn't know that. It took forever for them to do the pre-op. The nurse had to ask me a bunch of questions (most of which I'd already filled out at the doctor's office!!) Then she tried (notice I said tried to draw my blood. She stuck me in both hands because I'm a really hard stick when they try to do it in my arm. Well, my hands just didn't want to let go of any blood today, so no blood draw. She told me they would check with Dr. Bullock because I just had one about 3 weeks ago, and if they can't use it they will probably do one the morning of the surgery. Then they did an EKG. She told me to go on a 30 second vacation while she did it, soooo I went snorkeling in Nassau (the only place I've ever been snorkeling--it was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done, so I decided to go there for me mini-vacation (or maybe I should say micro-vacation. HA!). Anyway, I have to be there at 10:00 Wednesday morning. Well, I'm going to bed. More later, but maybe not for a while. I don't know if I'll be able to type or not! Vicky, I'll be checking on you too. I pray everything goes okay for you. Love all of you! Goodnight!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you also. I will check with someone to see how you are doing tomorrow. I am having my surgery at a surgery center next to Memorial Hospital. I have to be there at 10:30 on Thursday morning. I love you and hope everything goes great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt Brenda. So sorry that I am just now able to comment. I am so excited that you have a blog that I can keep up with you and the family on. I heard that you guys had a great post christmas celebration and I am so glad for that. I am so excited also that next year I willbe there. Hey I wanted you to know that I am praying for you .. I know that you had surgury and I am praying for both you and my mom as you recover.. hehehe.. last time two members of my family had surgury ( michelle and my mom ) I thought it was becuz they wanted to make sure I spent time with them before I left. This time I'm not sure!! love you Jenn

    ReplyDelete